Host a Food and Fund Drive
We are encouraged and humbled by the overwhelming show of support for TCAA's human service programs during these unprecedented times. You can help us meet the increased need for services through food and fund drives.
Together, we can end hunger
Last fiscal year, TCAA distributed over 1 million pounds of food because of our generous food and grocery partners, as well as those who sponsor food drives. Food Drives help provide TCAA with much-needed food supplies and are fun and easy to both participate in one and host one!
Once your food drive is complete, you can drop off your donations at our office.
- Ziplock bags (gallon size)
- High protein items (canned meats, peanut butter, tuna, low sugar protein bars)
- Canned fruit
- Ready to eat items that do not require refrigeration, utensils, or cooking
- Dried/canned beans
- Canned and boxed soups
- Boxed meals
- Dried fruit
- 100% juice
- Canned vegetables
- Granola bars
- Mac and Cheese
- Multigrain crackers
- Plan Ahead - put together a team to select dates, set a goal and handle details
- Have fun - choose a theme that represents your business or organization, holidays or season of the year
- Get the word out - create flyers or posters; promote in newsletters, e-blasts and on your website
- Be creative - decorate collection boxes, offer incentives or prizes for the class or department that collects the most food
For more information about food drives, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (480) 422-8922 x5870.
By collecting and donating change instead of food your impact is vastly increased, as TCAA can purchase food at significantly reduced prices. This means more food items are available for people in need.
Creative Fund Drive Ideas
Denim Days are one of the easiest and most effective ways to raise money in workplaces. Employees can pay $5 to dress down for a day.
Have different departments challenge each other to see who will raise the most meals.
Ice Cream Social
What better way to get ready for summer than an all you can eat ice cream social.
Ask your employees to put on their baking caps and try out a new recipe. Cookies, candies, cakes, pastries—anything sweet will do.
Host a game night or lunch party with your friends and co-workers. Each guest will bring a $5 donation as their entry fee to the party.
Questions, please contact Joe Rivera at email@example.com
Create Survival Bags for our Oasis Drop-In Center
- Survival bags consist of food items that do not need to be cooked
- Used for lunch or dinner
- A specific list will be provided if preferred - contact us for more information!
- Each employee can make a bag and deliver it to the Oasis
Create Protein Boxes
- Small boxes filled with protein items that will supplement our pantry food boxes
- Each employee can make a box and deliver it to the Pantry
Create Senior Inspiration packs: Small bag filled with items for a homebound senior client
Boxes can include but are not limited to:
- Playing cards
- Puzzles and books
- Healthy snacks
- Adult coloring book & colored pencils
- Room Freshener
- Each employee can make a bag and deliver it to the North Tempe
Create a Senior Thanksgiving Box
- Food box filled with items for Thanksgiving dinner
- Employee can participate in delivery of their box with a TCAA volunteer
- Tentative Date - Saturday, December 5th.
- Meet at Escalante Park in Tempe with your group at 8:00 AM
- Receive a box with lights and timers used to decorate the home(s) of our senior client(s)
Community Garden Small Group Projects
- Any Saturday morning at Clark Park or Escalante Park
- Schedule through Deb Bacorn firstname.lastname@example.org
- Group size - 10 or less