Find Help Now
Call 9-1-1 if you are in immediate danger.
For information on a variety of human services programs and resources throughout Maricopa County, contact Community Information and Referral Services.
To access CARE-7, the City of Tempe's 24-hour Crisis Team, call 480.350.8004.
In Need of Shelter?
- For domestic violence shelter call the Maricopa County Centralized hotline at 480-890-3039 or 1-844-SAFEDVS.
- For other emergency shelter:
- Adults with children, please call the Family Housing Hub for initial coordination of care, (602) 595-8700
- Adults without children, please call the central intake system, (602) 759-5356. You may also find East Valley shelter options through:
- East Valley Men’s Center Shelter, (480) 610-6722
- TCAA's I-HELP Shelter for Adult Men and Women, call (480) 590-5514 to schedule an intake appointment or click here for details
- Chandler I-HELP Shelter for Adult Men and Women, (480) 963-1423
- Mesa I-HELP Shelter for Adult Women, operated by Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest, (480) 684-0645
If you are a Tempe or Fountain Hills resident facing eviction, foreclosure, or a utility disconnect:
- TCAA’s Community Action Program offers financial coaching and short-term case management services to individuals and families who are facing an immediate crisis which impacts their housing, utilities, health and safety. City of Tempe and Fountain Hills residents apply and are qualified per poverty guidelines and state regulations. Call 480.389.1375 for general information.
- For emergency utility payment assistance call the TCAA Utility Assistance Hotline at 480-389-1375. Note that there are a limited number of appointments available each week. Calls are handled in the order received. If you are unable to obtain an appointment, try again the following week. Click here for program eligibility criteria.
- For emergency rent or mortgage assistance call the TCAA Rent Assistance Hotline at 480-389-1375. Note that there are a limited number of appointments available each month. Calls are handled in the order received. Click here for program eligibility criteria.
Seeking Emergency Food?
TCAA's Food Pantry is a resource for Tempe residents in need. Emergency food boxes are distributed Monday through Friday. Click here for program details.
Seeking emergency food outside of Tempe? Click here to find a Food Bank near you.
Services for Older Adults and Those Who Care for Them
The Area Agency on Aging provides a 24-hour Senior Help Line, staffed by professionals who can link you to the information, assistance, and resources that best meet your needs. Contact 602.264.4357 or click here for more information.
The Area Agency on Aging’s Elder Resource Guide is designed to help you quickly find information and resources about public and private organizations in Maricopa County that provide assistance to older adults, families, caregivers and professionals.
To Improve your Finances
TCAA's Financial Success Center offers financial coaching and employment services for men and women seeking to improve their long-term financial status. Click here for program details.
If You Have a Concern, Compliment, or Complaint
TCAA welcomes comments, compliments, and complaints from customers on their experiences using TCAA services. Customer input helps us identify areas needing improvement, and commendations are always appreciated. All customer complaints are carefully reviewed, and those submitted by customers who experience accessibility or ADA-related problems are additionally reviewed for adherence to TCAA policies by the ADA Liaison. Details, contact information, and filing procedures are outlined in the following forms.