KEEPING FAMILIES HOUSED DURING A CRISIS
TCAA's Community Action Program offers emergency relief for rent, mortgage, and utility payments for households experiencing a financial crisis
Please call our Community Action Program HOTLINE for any questions about
Rent & Utility Resources 480-389-1375
EMERGENCY RENTAL ASSISTANCE
Housing Stability Rental Assistance (HSRA)
The Maricopa County Housing Stability Rental Assistance Program (HSRA) was established to assist renter households who are at risk of homelessness, housing instability, or facing financial hardship.
Qualified households may receive rental assistance if they have been unable to pay rent due to a reduction or loss of income, an increase in expenses or health and safety concerns causing financial hardship. The Program also supports households that have past due rent or facing eviction.
Who is eligible?
1. Renter households ONLY
2. Applicants or Households that have received previous ERA Rental program payments are not eligible. Applicants that have only received ERA utility program payments are eligible.
3. Household income for the most recent 30 days, must be at or below 80% of Area Median Income (AMI)
4. Proof of Identity
5. Applicant must meet the housing instability criteria or the financial hardship criteria.
6. Housing instability criteria: applicant with a notice of past due rent, eviction notice, or current rental obligation is more than 30% of household gross monthly income
7. Financial hardship criteria: The applicant demonstrates a reduction or loss of income or an unexpected increase in household expense
(Refer to Sections 8.1 & 8.2)
Not sure if you qualify? Need more information on the special rental assistance?
To utilize the computers or to inquire about a paper application you can visit TCAA's Esquer and Ramsey Center, 2146 E. Apache Blvd, Tempe, AZ 85282 during regular office hours:
Monday & Wednesday 8 AM-5 PM
Tuesday & Thursday 8AM-6:30PM
HOME ENERGY ASSISTANCE FUNDS
TCAA has funding available to help families avoid crisis situations by preventing disconnection and/or facilitating reconnection of utility services. Eligible utility assistance providers include Arizona Public Service (APS), Salt River Project (SRP), and Southwest Gas. Eligibility for funds is determined based off household income levels and condition of household crisis.
Call the Help with Bills Hotline (480-389-1375) to discuss your eligibility for utility assistance or come visit during our operating hours.
If you are unsuccessful in your attempt to secure financial assistance through TCAA, other resources may be accessible through Arizona’s 2-1-1 (free information and referral) service. Dial 2-1-1 or 877-211-8661 from anywhere, or click here to search for resource information.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR TENTANT RIGHTS & EVICTION PROCESS
Click here to learn the eviction process in Arizona, your rights and responsibilities as a tenant in this process.
If you're in need of technical assistance with the MCHSD client portal, follow this link to submit a 'Contact Us' form.