Sr. Manager - Senior Independence Programs (Full-time)
SR PROGRAM MANAGER: Senior Independence Programs
Purpose: Manage and provide leadership to a team that delivers nutrition and case management services that reduce barriers and promote independent living among older adults and adults with disabilities. The position is responsible for the Senior Nutrition Program which encompasses the congregate and home-delivered meal service in Tempe and South Scottsdale, as well as the Neighbors Helping Neighbors Program which provides in-home care through volunteer engagement to vulnerable older adults in Tempe. The position works with TCAA leadership to inform, shape, expand, and guide the agency’s strategies to foster senior independence and food security in the communities we serve.
Supervision Received and Exercised: Receives general supervision from the Director of Programs. Exercises supervision over program employees and volunteers
Essential Functions: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages all functions of the Senior Nutrition Program and Neighbors Helping Neighbors to ensure customer satisfaction and compliance with all regulations, codes, and funding source requirements
- Performs day-to-day administrative duties.
- Fosters strong internal and external customer relations. Serves as a liaison to subcontractors, partners, and vendors and addresses quality concerns as necessary
- Takes initiative to address unforeseen challenges and opportunities.
- Works within the management team to secure the necessary resources for program operations.
- Adheres to agency policies and procedures to ensure compliance, safety, and consistency among staff and client actions.
- Meets with clients to answer questions, de-escalate situations, and settle grievances. Directs and demonstrates professionalism, compassion, and sensitivity in all interactions.
- Conducts outreach and presentations to promote awareness of TCAA
- Prepares and disseminates newsletters, menus, and other nutrition information for participants
- Directs participant triaging, case management, and coordination of care with internal programs and external service providers
- Conducts outreach and presentations to promote community awareness of TCAA and senior meal programs
- Implements strategies to increase participation in Private Pay and Congregate Meal services
- Other duties as assigned
Staff and Volunteer Management
- Schedules and directs staff, assigns and evaluates their work, and provides supervision, direction, and encouragement
- Conducts personnel actions in accordance with agency policies and procedures
- Conducts volunteer engagement, training, and supervision
- Provides ongoing training to ensure staff and volunteers are knowledgeable and capable in proper food handling regulations, participant wellness checks, emergency response procedures and social services resources/referrals
- Develops, manages and disseminates work schedules and activity calendars. Distributes caseloads and food service routes to ensure adequate coverage based on changing participant volumes; arrange for substitutes as needed
- Work with Community Engagement Supervisor to engage and retain volunteers
Food and Kitchen Quality
- Requests, receives and oversees packaging, delivery and service of catered food for participants; monitors food quality, temperature and consistency
- Directs, monitors and corrects safety and sanitation procedures in kitchens used for meal services
- Oversees participant data collection and reporting. Maintains and submits timely and accurate program records and written reports. Ensures case notes are accurate and timely.
- Ensures HIPAA compliance and participant confidentiality in all program communications
- Responsible for meeting agency and fund source performance requirements and applying continuous program improvements
- Carefully tracks and manages program expenses to align with approved budgets.
- Applies program and contract policies and procedures and proper food handling, safety, storage, and sanitization standards
- Works closely with other agency departments to ensure agency systems and protocols are followed
- Assists the Director of Finance to process billings and payments for senior meal services
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years directly related experience at the supervisor or manager level
- Grant or project management experience required
- A minimum of 1-year experience with volunteer recruitment, training, and supervision
- Prior experience in case management preferred
- Knowledge of Medicaid/AHCCCS enrollment, documentation, and billing preferred
- Proven ability to effectively plan, implement, evaluate, and improve or expand programs
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, displays agility while working on several tasks with competing deadlines, and remains flexible and responsive
- Exceptional organization, supervisory and program management skills
- Effective interpersonal communications skills, ability to build rapport with others. Intrinsic motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Requires computer literacy (Microsoft Office and web-based data management systems)
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Arizona Driver’s License, registration, insurance, and a vehicle to use in performance of job
- DPS Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Arizona Department of Economic Security Division of Aging and Adult Services (DAAS) Central Registry Background Check and Criminal History Self Disclosure Affidavit (notarized signature required)
- CPR/FA Certification
Other Requirements: AZ Dept. of Transportation Driving record – 39 Month report
Status: Full Time/ Exempt, 40 hours/week
Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:30pm, subject to periodic variation
Benefits: TCAA is committed to providing a robust additional benefit package to complement compensation. This package includes paid holidays, vacation and sick time accrual that increases with tenure, medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, disability benefits, health savings account, and retirement. Additionally, TCAA pays 100% of the employee premium for the medical insurance plans.
TCAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer