Development Coordinator (Full-time)
Who are you?
You have a strong belief in TCAA’s mission, excellent communication and organizational skills, and are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit that can adapt to new situations. You demonstrate a professional manner in dealing with a variety of stakeholders, including Board members and donors. You are eager to learn as part of a small, encouraging, and talented team, supporting and advancing the work of TCAA. Under the direction of and in partnership with the Director of Philanthropy, this position is accountable to the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Assists in the development of fundraising goals and strategies and works to achieve and surpass these goals
- Work directly with Director of Philanthropy and development team to manage project workflow and oversee day to day milestones for projects
- Drafts copy for newsletters, donor appeals, social media posts and website
- Manages donor, corporate, and funder stewardship
- Tracks and analyzes donor giving and engagement patterns and prepares reports
- May assist with writing grant proposals, working in partnership with subcontractors and staff
- Communicates routinely with donors via telephone or in person
- Has regular interaction with agency and event volunteers and works closely with the Volunteer and Community Engagement Coordinator
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
- Write and/or generate all correspondence related to the campaign, including standard business letters and e-correspondence
- Make arrangements for meetings with major donors
- Prepare materials needed for major donor meetings
- Follow up from major donor meetings
- Conducts prospect/donor research to further donor solicitation and cultivation strategies
- Communications and Public Relations Planning
- Assist in the development of campaign newsletter, suggesting and/or writing articles for it. Ensure the timely production and distribution of campaign newsletter on a regular basis.
- Assists with developing event opportunities and advertising/marketing fundraising events through digital marketing and social media platforms
Our ideal candidate is solution-oriented, creative, customer-focused, adept at managing multiple priorities and has the ability to provide excellent internal and external customer service on a consistent basis.
- Minimum two years’ experience in fundraising, development, event management
- Experience with donor management software systems
- Successful grant writing experience preferred
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word, various email software, and database software
- Social media platforms a plus
- Superior organizational and planning skills
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties, take initiative and problem solve while meeting deadlines
- Able to work a flexible schedule to attend all events and pre-meetings including infrequent but possible evenings and weekends
- Comfortable making requests and speaking in front of small groups
- Ability to work with and manage multiple vendors
- Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in non-profit management, fundraising, communications, or a related field.
License/Certifications: Possess Arizona driver’s license, insurance, and a vehicle to use in performance of job.
Additional Requirement: Level One Fingerprint clearance card or the ability to obtain one
Status: Full-time/Non-Exempt, 40 hours/week.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, subject to periodic variation and changes.
Benefits: TCAA is committed to providing a robust additional benefit package to complement compensation. This package includes paid holidays, vacation and sick time accrual that increases with tenure, as well as medical, dental and vision insurance, Employee Assistance Program, life insurance, disability benefits, health savings account, and retirement. Additionally, TCAA pays 100% of the employee premium for the medical insurance plans.