Under the direction of and in partnership with the Director of Philanthropy, this position is accountable to the following essential duties and responsibilities:
• Provides critical fundraising support to maximize fundraising revenue and reach annual giving development goals
• Assists with the execution of the fundraising plan including management of agency contact list and donor database
• Create mailing lists and reports for all donor appeals, invitation lists, and other mailings
• Maintains donor files and donor database including all daily gift processing, timely acknowledgment letters, and donor reporting
• Communicates routinely with donors via telephone or in-person
• Assists with Department-related mailings and other departmental tasks as needed
• Interfaces with key stakeholders internally and externally to ensure mission impact
• Has regular interaction with agency and event volunteers and works closely with the Volunteer and Community Engagement Coordinator
• Set up and maintain all records needed to manage the campaign in both electronic and paper formats
• Prepare and manage all case statements for campaign volunteer leadership and ensure they are delivered to campaign volunteers in a timely manner
• Attend all campaign committee meetings as recording secretary
• Prepare minutes and maintain records of all said meetings. Prepare “action item lists” based on the discussion at all said meetings. Distribute minutes and action item lists to committee members and campaign leadership in a timely manner. Arrange for all campaign team meeting space, refreshments, etc.
• Act as a central communications coordinator between campaign leadership, agency staff campaign director, agency leadership and campaign consultant
• Work to ensure that all pledges and gifts are confirmed by the donor in writing
• Interface with agency accounting to ensure that pledges and gifts are properly billed and recorded
• Assist in ensuring that all donor recognitions are properly noted
• Maintains master events calendar and assists with scheduling events
• Assists in creating event timelines and coordinates staff and volunteer involvement to ensure all elements of the event are delivered on time and in a quality fashion
• Assists with sites, layout, and vendors from beginning to post-event
• Works with event teams to ensure accurate management of guest lists, RSVPs, and acknowledgments
• Works closely with the Volunteer and Community Engagement Coordinator to identify volunteer needs as they relate to special event coordination
• Participates in TCAA community tabling events to assist in outreach and marketing efforts as they relate to TCAA services, volunteer recruitment, and upcoming special events
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
Our ideal candidate is solution-oriented, creative, customer-focused, adept at managing multiple priorities and has the ability to provide excellent internal and external customer service on a consistent basis.
• Minimum one-year experience in fundraising, development, event management
• Experience with donor management software programs
• Highly proficient in Excel, Word, various email software, and database software.
• Superior organizational and planning skills
• Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties, take initiative and problem solve while meeting deadlines
• Able to work a flexible schedule to attend all events and pre-meetings including infrequent but possible evenings and weekends
• Comfortable making requests and speaking in front of small groups
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
• Ability to work with and manage multiple vendors
• Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
Associate's degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred in non-profit management, fundraising, communications, or a related field.
Possess Arizona driver’s license, insurance, and a vehicle to use in the performance of the job.
Level One Fingerprint clearance card or the ability to obtain one
Full-time/Non-Exempt, 40 hours/week.
Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, subject to periodic variation and changes.
TCAA is committed to providing a robust additional benefits package to complement compensation. This package includes paid holidays, vacation, and sick time accrual that increases with tenure, as well as medical, dental, and vision insurance, Employee Assistance Program, life insurance, disability benefits, health savings account, and retirement. Additionally, TCAA pays 100% of the employee premium for the medical insurance plans.