Connecting Neighbors In Need with Neighbors Who Care
TCAA provides a spectrum of services designed to assist Tempe seniors in need of help to remain at home for as long as possible.
TCAA volunteers provide 1-on-1 and group support to help seniors with a range of activities that have become more difficult as they age; especially for those who have limited or no support systems to meet these needs. Our team connects Tempe residents in need with those who care.
Menu of Support Services
- Friendly calls and visits to socialize or check in on participants who may be isolated or homebound
- Rides to the grocery store or medical appointments
- Light home maintenance, such as replacing light bulbs, air filters, and smoke alarm or hearing aid batteries, and minor home and plumbing repairs
- Lawn maintenance for seasonal needs or special projects such as sweeping, mowing, edging, and gardening
- Yardwork to prevent or eliminate a City of Tempe code violation
- Pet care during a temporary period of illness or recovery
- Technology assistance with mobile phones, DVRs or televisions, internet/email/social media usage, general computer assistance, troubleshooting, and installations
Senior Food Box Program
- Boxes are delivered Fridays
- Only 2 boxes can be received each month
- Requests for a food box must be called in by NOON on THURSDAY at 480-389-1444
- Food boxes will be delivered between 9:00-10:30 AM
- Seniors must be present to receive the box
- Boxes will contain a variety of nutritious foods available from the TCAA food pantry
To Get Started
To enroll in the Neighbors Helping Neighbors program, contact TCAA's service line at 480.389-1444. A staff member will follow up to schedule an intake interview, determine eligibility, and develop a service plan with the participating senior.
TCAA offers a variety of opportunities for volunteers to get involved in helping older adults in our community. The Neighbors Helping Neighbors program is an excellent way to connect with seniors in the Tempe community to allow for them to continue living independently. Join the Neighbors Helping Neighbors team today! Click here to get started.