RESOURCES THAT BUILD A BRIDGE BETWEEN HOMELESS AND HOUSED
More than ever before, our unsheltered neighbors need a place to go so they can get off the streets and find a temporary safe haven.
We’re proud to announce the opening of the Oasis Drop-In Center, where TCAA offers resources and a brief refuge from the street. The Oasis Center is expected to serve 2,000 walk-in visitors in its first year.
The Oasis Drop-In Center is made possible through financial contributions from a private donor, StateFarm, Silicon Valley Bank, and the involvement of Circle the City, Shoebox Ministries, and Homeless ID project.
FOR INDIVIDUALS EXPERIENCING HOMELESSNESS IN TEMPE
- Computer and Phone Stations
- Mail Access
- Visit the post office to set up, use P.O. Box 7940 or forward mail to 1880 E Apache Blvd, Tempe, AZ 85281
- After signing up, users can call (480) 590-5514 to check on their mail before coming in
- On-site Washer and Dryer
- Available upon check-in, with soap and dryer sheets provided by TCAA.
- AHCCCS, SNAP, and Veteran’s Benefits Enrollment
- Identification Documents
- Onsite help with social security cards
- Bi-monthly assistance with IDs, driver's licenses, and birth certificates provided by the Homeless ID Project on the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month from 12-3pm (first come, first served basis)
- Employment Assistance through TCAA's Financial Success Center
- Workshops and Support Groups
- Choice Recovery Discussion & Support Group - Thursdays @ 10 am
- I-HELP Shelter Intake and Water/Heat Relief Station
- Water bottles are available, three per person
- Free Medical Support
- Circle the City provides medical support every Thursday from 12-3 pm
- Dignity Health provides free vision exams and eyeglasses on the 3rd Tuesday of every month from 12-3 pm
TCAA’s longstanding partners Circle the City, Shoebox Ministries, and Homeless ID project will offer additional resources such as health care, hygiene supplies, and help with securing identification documents.
Their much-appreciated involvement is vital to assisting individuals who are experiencing homelessness to overcome barriers to shelter and housing entry.
Alleviating homelessness creates a safer, more stable Tempe for all. You can help further our impact on homelessness in Tempe by contributing to the Oasis Drop-In Center at tempeaction.org/donate.
1880 E. Apache Blvd., Tempe, Arizona 85281
Tel. (480) 590-5514
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday, 9 AM-3 PM