Date(s) - 03/25/2017
6:30 am - 9:30 am
Join Tempe Community Action Agency (TCAA) and I-HELP on Saturday, March 25, 2017 at Kiwanis Park in Tempe for the 3rd Annual I-HELP 5K Run/Walk to Alleviate Homelessness.
Cost is $30 per person, which includes race bib and t-shirt. All participants will be timed.
Proceeds for this event benefit I-HELP (Interfaith Homeless Emergency Lodging Program) – Tempe’s only homeless shelter program.
The 5K run will start at 7:30 a.m. and the 5K walk will start at 7:45 a.m. on the north soccer fields. The race will take you along the SRP Canal and around the scenic Kiwanis Lake.
Bring family and friends for a morning of music, food, 5K Run awards and fun to follow the race!
All participants will receive a t-shirt (disclaimer: t-shirt sizes are not guaranteed).
Thank you to our generous sponsors.
Proceeds for this event benefit I-HELP – Tempe’s only homeless shelter program which operates seven nights a week, 365 days a year. Your participation in the 2017 I-HELP 5K Run/Walk, helps make a difference to the more than 500 homeless men and women who annually seek safety, shelter and support in their journey to regain independence and long-term self-sufficiency. I-HELP empowers men and women to overcome their challenges, both short and long-term, in order to successfully secure employment, safe housing and independence.
Packet pickup times (either Friday or Saturday)
- Friday, March 24: 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- Where: Tempe Community Action Agency (2146 East Apache Blvd., Tempe, AZ 85281)
- Saturday, March 25 (race day): starting at 6:00 a.m.
- Where: Kiwanis Park – north soccer fields (5500 S. Mill Ave., Tempe, AZ 85283)
Race/Walk Start Times
- 5K run: 7:30 a.m.
- 5K walk: 7:45 a.m.
5K race awards will be given to the following:
- 1st place male and female senior (60+ years old),
- 1st place male and female adult (18-59 years old),
- 1st place male and female youth (12-17 years old)
- Top Fundraising Team (Friends of I-Help)
- Top Fundraising Individual (Friends of I-Help)
Please contact the Community Outreach Coordinator, Lexie Krechel, with any questions.
P: 480-350-5884 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Let us know you will be running, join our Facebook Event Page!
Can’t attend the I-HELP 5K? You can still support the event!